Covid-19 Update: Phase 2 – Reopening Safely at RLR Lawyers
May 20, 2020
As of May 20, 2020, RLR Lawyers has reviewed the B.C. government and other health authority websites, and we continue to comply with health directions and prudent practices. As we start to reopen our offices, we also want to share the measures we are taking to protect our clients, our staff, and our communities.
The risk of transmission at workplaces is a direct function of two variables: the number of contacts (i.e., the number of people present at the same time) and the contact intensity (the type of contact (close or distant) and the length of contact (brief or prolonged)).
While we will be opening our offices on the strict conditions set out below, we are allowing each staff member to choose whether to continue to work from home or return to the office. We have also advised our staff to exercise extreme caution and not to come to the office if they have any flu-like symptoms.
We have scheduling plans in place to keep the number of people present in our offices at any one time to numbers that allow for proper social distancing protocols.
RLR Lawyer’s Covid-19 Phase 2 Policy for Reopening
- We encourage clients to take advantage of the option to conduct appointments via Zoom meeting or by teleconference where possible. However, if it is necessary for you to meet with us in person, we can accommodate you.
- Our offices will be open to scheduled appointments only. No unscheduled appointments are possible at this time.
- For clients who have scheduled appointments, we have ordered disposable masks that you may use while in the office. These are expected shortly and will be made available at reception when they arrive. You can confirm mask availability when you schedule your appointment. A garbage can will be placed outside for the disposal of these masks.
- Clients will only be allowed into the main boardroom, where we have installed a plexiglass a screen on the table. Clients will not have access to other areas of the offices.
- Plexiglass screens will be placed on all the reception area desks in all of our offices.
- We have set up a boardroom booking system to ensure that there will be no overlapping meetings to allow one client to leave the office before another enters.
- After each meeting, our staff will thoroughly wipe down all surfaces and any equipment used during a meeting.
- Disinfecting frequently touched areas will be undertaken each day. Our staff has been provided with cleaning supplies and will be wiping down their work areas at least once a day.
- Physical distancing (2m between people) will be observed at all times in the office.
- The firm has ordered non-medical masks, and each staff person will be supplied with one. Masks may be worn while working and must be worn in common areas, including washrooms, lunchrooms, and photocopying rooms.
If you have any concerns about our policies, we are happy to discuss them with you when you contact us to schedule your appointment.
We look forward to serving you and our partners, lawyers, and staff thank you for your cooperation through these challenging times.