May 10, 2022
As of May 10, 2022, RLR Lawyers continues to comply with health directions provided to B.C. businesses by the Provincial Health Authority and implement prudent practices on site. We also want to share the measures we are taking to protect our clients, our staff, and our communities.
The risk of transmission at workplaces is a direct function of two variables: the number of contacts (i.e., the number of people present at the same time) and the contact intensity (the type of contact (close or distant) and the length of contact (brief or prolonged)).
While our offices are open under the conditions set out below, many staff members continue to work from home part of the time. We have also advised our staff to exercise extreme caution and not to come to the office if they have any flu-like symptoms. All of our on-site staff are double vaccinated.
We have scheduling plans in place to keep the number of people present in our offices at any one time to numbers that allow for proper social distancing protocols
RLR LAWYER’S COVID-19 PHASE 3 POLICY
- We encourage clients to take advantage of the option to conduct appointments via Zoom meeting or by teleconference where possible. However, if it is necessary for you to meet with us in person, we can accommodate you.
- Our offices will be open to scheduled appointments only. No unscheduled appointments are possible at this time.
- For clients who have scheduled in-person appointments, mask wearing is optional but encouraged. We have disposable masks available for visitors at reception. Visitors will be asked general screening questions about COVID exposure and common symptoms, and may be asked to reschedule if an in-person appointment is deemed to be a risk to the health of our staff and/or clients.
- Clients will only be allowed into the main boardroom, where we have installed a plexiglass a screen on the table. Clients will not have access to other areas of the offices.
- Plexiglass screens will be placed on all the reception area desks in all of our offices.
- We have set up a boardroom booking system to ensure that there will be no overlapping meetings to allow one client to leave the office before another enters.
- After each meeting, our staff will thoroughly wipe down all surfaces and any equipment used during a meeting.
- Disinfecting frequently touched areas will be undertaken each day. Our staff has been provided with cleaning supplies and will be wiping down their work areas at least once a day.
- Physical distancing (2m between people) will be observed at all times in the office.
- The firm has a supply of non-medical masks available to all staff. Masks use is discretionary but encouraged.
If you have any concerns about our policies, we are happy to discuss them with you when you contact us to schedule your appointment.
We look forward to serving you and our partners, lawyers, and staff thank you for your cooperation through these challenging times.