Chelsea Wilson is a lawyer based at our Nanaimo office. She practises in the areas of estate planning, estate administration, estate litigation and civil litigation. She is experienced in a wide array of estates and trust matters, including litigation concerning:
- will variation,
- will validity,
- will and trust rectification,
- trust claims,
- removal of executors and trustees,
- undue influence,
- committeeships, and
- contentious probate and estate administration issues.
The estate planning component of her practise includes the preparation of:
- powers of attorney,
- representation agreements, and
Chelsea has represented clients in all levels of court in British Columbia, and in the Supreme Court of Canada.
Chelsea possesses a Bachelor of Commerce degree, with honours, from the University of British Columbia and a Bachelor of Laws degree, with distinction, from the University of British Columbia. Following law school, Chelsea completed a judicial clerkship with the British Columbia Court of Appeal. This experience has given her insight and a practical understanding of the judicial system which she brings to bear on her clients’ cases. Chelsea was called to the British Columbia bar in 2005.
Chelsea commenced her legal career in the litigation department of a large Vancouver law firm. A few years later, she moved to a well-known boutique firm in Vancouver which focuses exclusively on the areas of estates, wills, trusts and tax. Chelsea’s family is originally from Vancouver Island. She is excited to now work and raise her family on the Island. Chelsea is an avid equestrian and enjoys spending time with her horses.
- Past President, Nanaimo County Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia B.C. Practice Standards Committee
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Wills and Trusts Section, Canadian Bar Association, B.C. Branch
- Member, Solicitors’ General Practice – Central Vancouver Island Section, Canadian Bar Association, B.C. Branch
Year of Call + Jurisdiction
- 2005, British Columbia
Publications + Presentations
- “The Nuts and Bolts of BC’s Unique Wills Variation Act”, Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia: Estate Litigation (November 2012)
- “Contested Committeeships”, Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia: Estate Litigation (October 2010)
- “Mutual Wills: An Update”, Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia: Blended Families – Practical Estate Planning Considerations (May 2010)
- “The Replacement, Retirement and Removal of Trustees in British Columbia” (Co-author), Estates Trusts & Pensions Journal, Vol. 28, No. 3 (July 2009)