James Rhodes operates a general solicitor’s practice with a particular focus on business law and real estate law.
In the area of business law, James acts for clients in a wide variety of matters including incorporations, corporate governance, re-organizations, shareholder and partnership agreements, business purchases and sales, financings, and general contract matters.
In the area of real estate law, James assists clients with real estate conveyances, commercial leasing matters, purchase contracts, mortgages, easements, and covenants.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, James studied accounting and finance and worked at a large international accounting firm. In his free time James enjoys playing squash, skiing, and waterskiing.
Recognition + Awards
During his time at the University of Victoria, James received numerous awards, scholarships, and recognition, including:
- $16,000 UVic Excellence Scholarship (Undergrad)
- Dean’s List (top 10% of his graduating class from the Commerce program)
- Faculty of Law Access Scholarship (Law)
- Louis F. Lindholm, K.C. Entrance Scholarship (Law)
- Sheridan Scott – Telecommunications Hall of Fame Entrance Scholarship (Law)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia.
- Juris Doctor, University of Victoria, 2018.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Distinction & Dean’s List), University of Victoria, 2014.
Year of Call + Jurisdiction
- 2019, British Columbia