David Burns is a solicitor and practices in the areas of commercial and corporate law, real estate, wills and personal planning documents (Power of Attorney and Representation Agreements), estate planning and administration.
David achieved a Bachelor of Science degree in Conservation Biology and a Bachelor of Education degree from the University of British Columbia, and a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Calgary. He was called to the Alberta bar in 2008 and joined a large public agency as legal counsel where his practice included drafting complex legislation, decision reports, and documents for multi-billion dollar industrial projects. He has extensive experience advising participants on legal processes and drafting related agreements. He returned home to British Columbia and continues to assist clients at Ramsay Lampman Rhodes by developing practical solutions to complex issues. His interests and experiences include:
- Estate and personal planning for individuals and spouses;
- Drafting and negotiating commercial leases and contracts;
- Advising and preparing real estate purchase and sale agreements and leases;
- Advising and drafting documents for executors and trustees administering estates; and
- Business asset/share purchases, shareholder agreements, and incorporations.
David is an active community member and has served through activities such as coaching soccer, bagging lunches for workers experiencing poverty, and driving the Zamboni for his community rink in Calgary. He is currently a member of the Ladysmith Rotary Club and leads his church’s youth group. On days off he plays soccer, golf, tennis, pickle ball and skis, while trying to keep up with his 3 active kids.
David enjoys getting to know his clients and helping them achieve their goals through excellent legal advice and services.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Calgary, 2007
- Bachelor of Education, University of British Columbia, 2002
- Bachelor of Sciences (Conservation Biology), University of British Columbia, 2000
Year of Call + Jurisdiction
- 2019, British Columbia
- 2008, Alberta
- David is an active member with the Rotary Club of Ladysmith.